Thursday, June 12, 2008

Rev. Doofus Dunkel

Well, originally it was called Reverend Dean's Dunkel; but Doofus is more fun and it's sticking in my head. Maybe I'll just call it Reverend Double D Lager. ;-)

Anyway - I brewed my Dunkel Lager yesterday and it's only the second time that I've done this one at the Porterhouse. I tweaked the hops a little - this time I used Styrian, Tettnang, Hallertau, and Willamette. The malt is a little different too - I added a dash of brown malt. I love that brown malt - it gives slightly nutty, mildly coffee-like, toasted malt goodness to a brew but this is the first time that I've used it in a lager. It will nicely compliment the Munich and Vienna malts.

The next brews for the Porterhouse will be a hoppy, crisp Pilsner, and another batch of hoppy/malty amber lager.

Cheers!

No comments: