Monday, March 17, 2008

Porterhouse - New Lager On Tap

I just transferred a new lager over to a service tank at Porterhouse Pub yesterday. It's conditioning now and should be ready to drink by Wednesday. I had a hard time thinking up a name for this brew - it's been a weird couple of weeks and I'm still a little brain dead so I left the naming up to Gabe.

Anywho; after two months of lagering, this is a malty, copper colored brew with a load of west coast American hops - very drinkable and quite complex. Next up will probably be a farmhouse style pale ale brewed with oats and European hops, but, I reserve the right to change my mind on this one. I'll let you all know what it is after brew day. :-)

Our tap list at Porterhouse now includes two of our beers from Philadelphia Brewing Co. - Kenzinger, and Walt Witt. Once the Lagunitas kicks we'll be adding the Newbold IPA as well.

Cheers!
Dean

No comments: